Mushrooms - How to Identify and Gather Wild Mushrooms and Other Fungi
- Orders ship in 1-2 busines days.
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Learn all there is to know about the fascinating world of wild mushrooms and other fungi!
Throughout the centuries, people all over the world have been foraging wild mushrooms and fungi for food. It can also be an exciting and rewarding hobby, with hundreds of different species to discover!
This beautifully illustrated guide contains everything you need to help you on your next foraging adventure. Here’s what you can expect:
• Insightful information you need to identify over 450 species of fungi from all around the world
• Clear photographs of each kind of mushroom and its cross-sections are accompanied by annotations and descriptions, along with scale illustrations and identification charts
• Learn about the different anatomical sections and features of fungi, then categorize and identify your own foraging finds through extensive, but easy-to-use, visual ID guides
• Key information on habitat, fruiting, and which types of mushrooms are poisonous and which are edible.
This mushroom foraging book is packed with vital information that will help you identify the exact types of mushrooms you are looking for when you’re out foraging. You’ll learn how to identify the caps, stems and gills, which all have different physical characteristics like shape and texture, and color.
From the Neobulgaria pura and the Mitrula paludosa, discover newly-found fungi species and complex ones which can only be viewed microscopically. The detailed illustrations and identification charts will help you name the mushrooms you find or hope to search for.
Mushrooms is the perfect book for fungi enthusiasts, amateurs, experts or anyone wanting to learn more about fungi.